Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > LOCKED AND LOADED > LOCKED and LOADED

LOCKED and LOADED A little something for everyone!

Old 04-11-2014, 12:22 PM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Default Possible land slide in-town, Jackson Hole ,WY

I was poking around on our "former" site (have not looked there in months)
but found this TV media report from yesterday.
Ground slowly shifting, an area of town under "suggested" evacuations.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/jacks...isory/25399248
Old 04-11-2014, 12:29 PM
REBEL

BigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from ARBigJake Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowizard View Post
I was poking around on our "former" site (have not looked there in months)
but found this TV media report from yesterday.
Ground slowly shifting, an area of town under "suggested" evacuations.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/jacks...isory/25399248
The area has been evacuated. There are some cracks in roads, retaining wall, etc. so they are being extra cautious at this point.

One of the hallmarks of being educated isn't what you know but it is knowing enough to know better.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:08 PM
REBEL

revpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLP
revpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLP

Putting those utilities in was one of my first jobs 25 years ago. I thought it was a bad idea to dig out the toe of the slope and replace it with a 12 foot retaining wall, but I was a 20 year old operator, not an engineer. My wife worked at the athletic club which is the wallgreens in the video now. We lived in the slums that are above it. A mudslide would be a good thing for them. To get up that hill in the winter we would park along the curb about a block away from the stoplight, wait for the green light, then give it enough onion to shoot through the intersection fast enough to get up the icy grade. Good times.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:11 PM
REBEL

AOX3 Offical PLPAOX3 Offical PLPAOX3 Offical PLPAOX3 Offical PLP
AOX3 Offical PLPAOX3 Offical PLPAOX3 Offical PLPAOX3 Offical PLPAOX3 Offical PLPAOX3 Offical PLPAOX3 Offical PLPAOX3 Offical PLP

Just saw an interview on the nightly news where a resident of Budge Drive is frustrated because "they" haven't found him long term housing as his place may not be safe for an in determinant amount of time. Sad situation for sure but when did people become so damned entitled? I didn't tell him to build his house on the side of a very steep mountain and I don't feel responsible for paying for a new place for hime to live.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:34 PM
REBEL

revpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLP
revpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOX3 View Post
Just saw an interview on the nightly news where a resident of Budge Drive is frustrated because "they" haven't found him long term housing as his place may not be safe for an in determinant amount of time. Sad situation for sure but when did people become so damned entitled? I didn't tell him to build his house on the side of a very steep mountain and I don't feel responsible for paying for a new place for hime to live.
You should see the bike bridge across the snake river you're building him. It's all about stealing from the haves and giving it to the have nots, whatever it is they have not, but gotta have.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:17 PM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Bama voters for sure

Mac Daddy

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis (1-17-14)
Back Country Rebels - Forums > LOCKED AND LOADED > LOCKED and LOADED