Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PRODUCT REVIEWS

PRODUCT REVIEWS GOT A NEW PRODUCT? LET US KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT

Old 02-22-2012, 10:09 AM
REBEL

Beels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLP
Beels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLPBeels Offical PLP
Default 2Cool Polaris removable hood vent

Every once in a while, there's a product that comes around that EVERYONE should have. Well, if you own a Polaris Pro chassis and use a Muffpot / Hotdogger, you NEED this product. Alan and Tammy Schoen of 2Cool Air Vents have came up with a removable hood vent that allows you to mount your Muffpot directly on the pipe, immediately forward of the Y-pipe. I previously had mine mounted at the end of the pipe at the joint of the silencer (I run a HPS) and while it got warm enough to cook food, it took literally hours and riding your nuts off to get it good and warm. No problem with that anymore. In fact, you need to line the muffpot with foil to prevent burning. Much improved. Anyhow, the vent is secured by 4 rubber grommets and fixed aluminum pins riveted to the vent. Installation is super easy by following the included instructions and can be done with common tools. To cut the hole in the hood, I drilled holes at the 4 corners and used an air cutoff wheel.

The pics pretty much explain it. This is one mod that no Pro should be without. As far as security of the vent, there's no way it will pop off unless you mess up the install or have a major yardsale where you wouldn't even have to worry about riding the sled again and need boxes to collect the parts.

You won't find any better people in the snowmobile aftermarket than Alan and Tammy. I'm lucky enough to get to ride with them every year and call them friends. You can't go wrong with this product.

http://www.2coolairvents.com/
Ask for the PO-128 Polaris Pro Removable Hood Vent
Rebel #244
Old 03-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Prospect

Polar Express Has earned a rub and tug from ARPolar Express Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Polar Express Has earned a rub and tug from ARPolar Express Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Beels,

I second the vote of support for the vent! Way cool idea.

And, Tammy and Alan are very, very cool folks. I've gotten to know them through CoyoteGirl and the shows, wonderful folks.

PE

'06 Ram CTD
'91YJ
'11 PRO
'08 D7

This is America, if you don't like it, go conquer another country, and start your own.

I'll keep my God, my guns and my freedom, Barry can keep his 'change'
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PRODUCT REVIEWS