Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO

Old 03-24-2011, 11:38 PM

Van Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Rooster Built

These guys go above and beyond.

Thank you Paul!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Prospect

ski-doo-it Has earned a rub and tug from ARski-doo-it Has earned a rub and tug from ARski-doo-it Has earned a rub and tug from ARski-doo-it Has earned a rub and tug from ARski-doo-it Has earned a rub and tug from ARski-doo-it Has earned a rub and tug from ARski-doo-it Has earned a rub and tug from ARski-doo-it Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Got over 700 miles on a new belt with perfect wear and still going strong after Rooster Built "Tweaked" my primary and I could't be happier
Thanx, Paul
Old 04-01-2011, 10:29 PM

Van Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from ARVan Epps Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Story goes.... I was not pulling R's. Paul tried helping me over the phone. No luck after trying various things. He said bring it over and we'll take a look. Got the sled there and Paul and I go through the clutch.. everything looks good.

I'm thinking that was great service. Then Paul starts asking what other things I've checked in looking for the problem. Long story short he took another 45 minutes helping me go over multiple possibilities, checked DPM, power valve operation and a few other things.

Like I said, these guys go above and beyond.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Just Got Here

Big John Has earned a rub and tug from ARBig John Has earned a rub and tug from ARBig John Has earned a rub and tug from ARBig John Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Epps View Post
Story goes.... I was not pulling R's. Paul tried helping me over the phone. No luck after trying various things. He said bring it over and we'll take a look. Got the sled there and Paul and I go through the clutch.. everything looks good.

I'm thinking that was great service. Then Paul starts asking what other things I've checked in looking for the problem. Long story short he took another 45 minutes helping me go over multiple possibilities, checked DPM, power valve operation and a few other things.

Like I said, these guys go above and beyond.
what was the problem?? fix???-ty-BJ
Old 04-04-2011, 12:42 PM
REBEL

Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP
Winter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLPWinter Brew Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John View Post
what was the problem?? fix???-ty-BJ
Seems the issue was likely a broken rear suspension mount bracket....perhaps tightening/misaligning track and making for inconsistant RPM. We found nothing else, after fixing the bracket it is now holding consistant RPM, working better! Wish we had found it sooner.
Probably the last place a guy would look for a RPM issue! Lesson learned
Old 04-04-2011, 02:05 PM

Timbersled skids are notoriously hard on stock XP drop brackets. I knew this going in and was keeping an eye on them but never saw the damage as it was not in plain view. In the process of re building the Fox shocks the broken / ripped drop bracket was found inside the tunnel. The FOX Floats being down 65-70% on nitrogen didn't help things either :O

I've been under target rpm for the last month... during what's been some real good snow conditions. Better late than never.

Last edited by Van Epps; 04-04-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Prospect

Reeb Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Reeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Epps - did you get that Timber figured out and have the problems fixed make the sled work the way you were expecting it to when buying the timber?

NMFH....an enigma wrapped in a riddle.....

94 zr 700 twin turbo mach z triple with a holly double
pumper and belt drive.......on NAWWWZ!!!

Forever Sled'n...
Old 04-12-2011, 04:31 PM

Reeb, not real happy yet. The shock rebuild helped but I'm still not getting what I expected to with it. In fact Im considering trading it for a stock 2010 163" XP skid. Would have to be an X package.

anyone want to trade? Actually before trading it I want to swap for the stocker and see what happens. Problem is I don't know anyone local that would do the temp swap.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:54 AM
"Virgin Destroyer"

xpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLP
xpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLPxpspenziv Offical PLP

mad props too P.
usc-cheerleaders-14#1423
11 summit X 800 Etec Roosterbuilt clutch tune up and a long conveyor belt track.

Crazy as a squirrel, nutty in the brain.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SKI DOO